I have not much to say besides the opiate epidemic infuriates me. After loosing many friends over the years I’d like to say: If I ever have the opportunity, I would like to spend significant resources to do what I can to bring attention to this issue.
- Doctors need to be held accountable for what they prescribe
- Doctors need to be better trained (to treat underlying causes and not focus so much on symptoms)
- Doctors need to take mental health seriously
- Doctors and pharmaceutical companies need to be held accountable for kickbacks and other loopholes like speaking engagements in exchange for prescribing
- Addicts need to be treated like humans and given a fair amount of time when they are in the hospital
- Other issues like pharmaceutical “evergreening” require reform
- All of this goes towards greater issue with the healthcare system while still remain unaddressed